The Department of Disabilities, Aging & Independent Living (DAIL) has four (4) openings on its DAIL Advisory Board. Specifically, we are seeking 3 older Vermonters (60 or older) and 1 person to represent the Northeast Kingdom .
Interested applicants must be able to participate in monthly meetings, typically scheduled on the 2nd Thursday of each month, from 10am – 12:30pm. Currently, meetings are primarily held remotely on Teams. DAIL provides communication accommodations as needed. The role of each member is to:
- Attend meetings and arriving at the meeting on time. If a person cannot attend a meeting, he or she has a responsibility to call or e-mail DAIL staff.
- Share their expertise and advise the Commissioner with respect to programs and issues affecting older persons, and persons with disabilities.
- Ask questions if they need more information or don’t understand something that is being discussed.
- Serve on subcommittees as needed.
- Sign and following the “Ethics Code Acknowledgement,” which includes information about when a board member has a conflict of interest.
- Seek the advice and recommendations from other stakeholders outside of board meetings to bring back to the Board.
If you or someone you know is interested in serving as a DAIL Advisory Board member, please complete an Application for Gubernatorial Appointment and submit by mail or email to:
Liz Perreault, Executive Assistant
Dept of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living
HC2 South, 280 State Dr., Waterbury, VT
All applications will be screened by DAIL and forwarded to the Governor’s office for final review and approval. More information about the board can be found on the DAIL Advisory Board web page.