The Department of Disabilities, Aging & Independent Living (DAIL) has an opening on its DAIL Advisory Board. Specifically, we are seeking regional representation for the Northeast Kingdom.
Interested applicants must be able to participate in monthly meetings, typically scheduled on the 2nd Thursday of each month, from 10am – 12:30pm. Currently, meetings are primarily held remotely on Teams. DAIL provides communication accommodations as needed. The role of each member is to:
- Attend meetings and arriving at the meeting on time. If a person cannot attend a meeting, they have a responsibility to respond to the electronic invitation or call/ e-mail DAIL staff.
- Share their experiences, expertise and advise the Commissioner with respect to programs and issues affecting older persons, and persons with disabilities.
- Ask questions if they need more information or don’t understand something that is being discussed.
- Serve on subcommittees as needed.
- Sign and following the “Ethics Code Acknowledgement,” which includes information about when a board member has a conflict of interest.
- Seek the advice and recommendations from other stakeholders outside of board meetings to bring back to the Board.
If you or someone you know is interested in serving as a DAIL Advisory Board member, please apply online here: Boards and Commissions | Office of Governor Phil Scott (vermont.gov)
For more information or assistance with the application process (such as requesting a paper copy), please contact the Governor's Office: (802) 828-3333.
Questions about the DAIL Advisory Board and member responsibilities can be emailed to Ashley Bonneau at Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 241-2401.