You are at: Home Programs & Services All Service Providers

Document Actions

All Service Providers

  • Adult Day Centers
    Adult Day Centers provide an array of services to help older adults and adults with disabilities to remain as independent as possible in their own homes. Adult day services provide programs during the daytime. Programs include activities, social interaction, nutritious meals, health screening and monitoring, personal care, and transportation. Respite for family caregivers is also available.
  • Adult Protective Services (APS)
    Adult Protective Services (APS) is a public safety program within the Division of Licensing and Protection (DLP), Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living.
  • Area Agencies on Aging
    Area Agencies on Aging provide support to people 60 and older in their efforts to remain active, healthy, financially secure, and in control of their own lives.
  • Assisted Living Facilities
    Assisted Living Facilities are state licensed residences that combine housing, health and supportive services to support resident independence and aging in place.
  • Assistive Technology Program
    The Vermont Assistive Technology Program serves Vermonters of all ages and abilities. VATP provides information and referrals, training for service providers and others, equipment and software demonstrations, tryouts, and technical assistance. Other activities include public awareness, an equipment exchange program, and short term lending of assistive technology equipment.
  • Children's Personal Care Services
    Children's Personal Care Services providers Medicaid services designed to help families with the extra care needs of children with disabilities and serious health problems.
  • Developmental Disability Services
    There are 15 private non-profit developmental disability services providers in Vermont, contracted by DAIL, who offer a variety of services to people with developmental disabilities. Supports include service coordination/case management, home supports, employment services, community supports, family and respite supports, clinical interventions and crisis services.
  • Green Mountain Self Advocates
    Green Mountain Self-Advocates (GMSA) is a statewide self-advocacy network run and operated by people with developmental disabilities.
  • Home Health Agencies
    Home Health Agencies provide health services in the home. Services include: nursing; personal care; physical therapy; homemaker services; hospice care, and social work services.
  • Home Sharing Providers
    Provides matching services for homesharing and caregiving. HomeShare Vermont assists elders and persons with disabilities to live independently in their own homes by bringing them together with persons who seek affordable housing and/or caregiving opportunities.
  • Hospitals
    Vermont is served by seventeen different hospitals across the state.
  • Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID)
    ICF/IID's are certified to provide, on a regular basis, health-related care and services to individuals who do not require the degree of care and treatment which a hospital or skilled nursing home is designed to provide, but who because of their mental or physical condition require care and services (above the level of room and board) which can be made available to them only through institutional facilities.
  • Nursing Facilities
    Nursing homes provide nursing care and related services for people who need nursing, medical, rehabilitation, or other special services. They are licensed by the state and may be certified to participate in the Medicaid and/or Medicare programs. Certain nursing homes may also meet specific standards for subacute care or dementia care.
  • Residential Care Homes (RCH) - Level III and Level IV
    Residential care homes are state licensed group living arrangements designed to meet the needs of people who can not live independently and usually do not require the type of care provided in a nursing home. When needed, help is provided with daily activities such as eating, walking, toileting, bathing, and dressing. Residential care homes may provide nursing home level of care to residents under certain conditions. Level III homes provide nursing overview, but not full-time nursing care. Level IV homes do not provide nursing overview or nursing care.
  • Therapeutic Community Residence
    A place that provides short-term individualized treatment to three or more residents with major life adjustment problems, such as alcoholism, drug abuse, mental illness or delinquency.
  • Transportation
    Access to transportation services that are flexible and responsive to the varied needs of older adults and people with disabilities is critical to the success of many programs available in Vermont. The Divisions of the Department of Disabilities, Aging and Independent Living Services (DAIL) works closely with numerous state and local agencies to ensure that individuals have access to transportation services to maintain independence and promote access to needed services and resources.
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
    The Traumatic Brain Injury Program diverts and/or returns Vermonters, with a moderate to severe traumatic brain injury, from hospitals and facilities to a community-based setting.